Stainless Steel Spirit Lamp with Lid
126 in stock
alcohol burner (spirit lamps) are wick type and make an open flame ideal for science, microbiology, and chemistry labs.
A snuffer cap is included to extinguish the flame. If the alcohol burner won’t be used for more than a few hours, the alcohol should be removed from the lamp and returned to the original fuel container. Note that the snuffer cap only fits over the top of the alcohol burner loosely and won’t prevent the alcohol from evaporating in between uses.
For optimal performance we recommend denatured or ethyl alcohol (aka ethanol or ethyl hydrate) with 90% or higher alcohol content. Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) can also be used as long as its alcohol content is 90% or greater.
- Only operate with adult supervision
- Operate in a well-ventilated area only
- Always have a fire extinguisher handy when working with any open flame
- Do not fill the lamp or open fuel containers in close proximity to an open flame
- Before lighting, tightly cap the fuel container and move to a safe storage location
- Keep the lamp away from combustible materials when in use
- When working with an open flame, keep long hair tied back
- Check the lamp before each use to ensure it has no defects like cracks or chips in the glass body – a damaged/defective lamp may cause fire or injury.
- Never use a fuel other than denatured ethyl alcohol or isopropyl rubbing alcohol – other fuel may result in serious injury
- Only use the lamp in an upright position
- The burner, cap, and snuffer cap may become hot during operation and can cause burns. Wait until the burner fully cools before touching any part of the burner.
- Perfect for lab work such as chemistry and microbiology
- Made from high-quality glass